How to get a background check?

In order to request a background check, you must go to the records department (located at the Lubbock County Detention Center) and take your valid driver’s license and social security card. Inform the records clerical staff you would like a background check conducted, and your background check will be conducted.

If you are requesting a background check for someone other than yourself, you will be required to submit an open records request through the Records Department.

Decorative Divider Bar

How do I get my jail card?

You can obtain a copy of your jail card from the Records Department, located at the Lubbock County Detention Center.

If requesting a jail card for someone other than yourself, you will be required to submit an open records request through the Records Department.

Decorative Divider Bar

How to visit at the Lubbock County Detention Center?


The following are instructions to new visitations procedures. You can register via a smartphone, computer, or lobby kiosk at the facility.

You do NOT have to be at the facility to complete the process.



Step 1

  • Register as a Public User

You will need to receive an activation code to an active cell phone number or email address to complete the registration process

Step 2

  • Send a connection request to the Inmate for acceptance.

The connection request must be accepted by the inmate to proceed

Step 3

  • Register to schedule visits at the facility.

Applications must be approved by facility before scheduling.

Step 4

  • Schedule visit

Must be completed 1 day in advance

Session Limits

  • On Site Visits – 1 per family member daily
  • Remote Visits – Unlimited – Must be scheduled in advance
  • Inmate Initiated – VOD – Video on Demand – Once you receive the connection request, you will have 3 minutes to connect before the opportunity ends. Limited to 5 attempts per day.
Decorative Divider Bar

How do I pickup inmate property?

If picking up property for an inmate that is currently incarcerated at the Lubbock County Detention Center, the inmate will first have to complete and sign a property release letter (which can be provided to him/her upon request). The inmate will designate a specific person as the one who will be retrieving their belongings. Once the form has been completed and signed, the person designated to retrieve the property will have to go to the bond window of the Lubbock County Detention Center and present a valid I.D. Prior to giving the designated individual the property requested, he/she will have to sign the document as well to show the property was given to them. Once the transaction is completed, the request will be placed in the inmate’s file.

If inquiring about property for an inmate that has been sent to TDCJ (Texas Department of Criminal Justice), and is no longer in our custody, the individual attempting to collect the property will not be given the property. At the time the inmate is being released to TDCJ, he/she will fill out a form designating an individual to pick the property up that was left behind. The inmate will also have to provide contact information and an address for the person he/she has designated. A copy of the form will be sent via U.S. Mail to the designated person notifying them of the property which is to be picked up by them. The letter will provide instructions on how to retrieve the property and how long the designated person has to retrieve it. The property will be packed and stored separately until it is picked up. If the property is not picked up within the allotted time, it will be discarded or donated.

Decorative Divider Bar

Where do I report as a Weekender?

Once you have been established as a “weekender” to serve the time you have been sentenced, you will report to the Lubbock County Detention Center at 3502 N. Holly 79408. You are to report, and check in, at the visitation lobby. Staff will be available to ensure you have checked in and to escort you to the processing area. It is important you report prior to the time that has been set for you. For example, if you are scheduled to start your time beginning at 6:00pm, you should report a few minutes prior to that time.

Decorative Divider Bar

How do I contact someone in jail?

The Lubbock County Detention Center has contracted with Smart Communications to provide MailGuard electronic mail services.
The changes are being made to streamline the operations of the Sheriff’s Office, improve communications, and ensure the safety and well-being of inmates and staff.
MailGuard is a quick and efficient way for inmates to receive letters and photos electronically. Effective August 23, 2021, inmate postal mail must be sent to the following address:

Lubbock County Detention Center
Inmate’s Name and SO #
PO Box 9133
Seminole, FL 33775-9133

The inmates’ name and SO# must be clearly printed on the outside of the envelope or post card to ensure the mail is posted to the current account.

All regular inmate postal mail (postcards, letters, greeting cards, etc.) will be scanned into the system and available to the inmates to view their postal mail via the kiosks.

Upon release, inmates can login into the public website at and enter their inmate number and password to download their photos, messages, and postal mail for FREE!

Legal mail, court documents, bank statements, and publications will continue to be sent to the facility directly at P.O. Box 10535 Lubbock, TX 79408.

*The envelope must have a return address.
To find an inmate’s SO number:
Detention tab, Active Jail Roster tab, find inmate’s name, Public Info Sheet tab

Decorative Divider Bar

Where can I pay a Lubbock County Justice of the Peace ticket?

904 Broadway, 1st Floor; for tickets issued outside the city limits or tickets issued by DPS, Texas Tech Campus Police, Texas Parks and Wildlife or Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission. Refer to your ticket for more information.

Decorative Divider Bar

Where do I go to report for a Jury Summons?

1302 Avenue G, Lubbock, Texas
Phone: 806-775-1367 or 806-775-1369

Decorative Divider Bar

How to put money on an inmate’s account?

A kiosk is available in the main lobby of the Lubbock County Detention Center for the public to apply money to an inmate’s account.
The public may also apply money to an inmate’s account by using the approved web site or via telephone.
For Commissary:, or 1-866-345-1884 The facility number: 20172 For Pre-Paid Phone Account:, or 1-888-506-8407
No other forms of deposits to an inmate account will be accepted.

Decorative Divider Bar

How do I contact the Lubbock County Detention Center?

Call 806-775-7048 or Email